Star War’s Galaxy’s Edge is opening on August 29, 2019 at Hollywood Studios in Orlando Florida. This brand new immersive experience will be a game changer for Walt Disney World Florida. Throw away the book of Walt Disney World because once this land comes on-line, everything you thought you knew about Disney vacations will change forever. The next decade will be the most fantastic ever at the Walt Disney World resort. We can’t wait!
ONE LAND, TWO LOCATIONS
Disney’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is a brand new land and you will be able to experience it at both Disneyland in Anaheim, California and Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. The reason why this new land is so flipping exciting is because Disney has developed this land with the intent on making its guests forget they are at a theme park. The lands themselves are each a whopping 14 acres.
TOP 8 THINGS TO KNOW
- Galaxy’s Edge – California opens on May 31, 2019 and will require reservations to access this land through June 2019. Galaxy’s Edge – Florida will be opening August 29, 2019 and will be gradually rolled out.
Magical Tip: Try planning your next Walt Disney World vacation for 2021 or 2022. There are a lot of changes happening for this land as well as EPCOT. Think ahead and see it all!
- Galaxy’s Edge will be set on the planet Batuu – a remote outpost. – It’s a thriving port for smugglers, traders, and adventurers across the galaxy.
- Fly the Millennium Falcon! – There are two main attractions and this one will put you in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon. How cool is that?!
- Travel on a Star Destroyer! – This is the second main attraction for Star War’s: Galaxy’s Edge! Ever wanted to know what it would feel like to be in the hanger bay of a Star Destroyer? Here’s your chance!
- Blue Milk will be served up at a Cantina. – Blue Milk? If you’re a Star Wars fan you are probably familiar with the this beverage which was featured in the film Star Wars: A New Hope.
- Star Wars Character Encounters – Characters you can expect to meet are BB-8, Chewbacca, and members of the First Order.
- New Star Wars themed Souvenirs will be served up of course!
- Nab Some Galaxy’s Edge merchandise Now! – These items are available at select locations in Disneyland and Walt Disney World.